Welcome to THE MOUTH of the South Bay

Hello and welcome to South Bay Mouth.


 Many of you may already know why this is site is called The Mouth, but for those that don't, locals commonly call the South Bay, "Mouth Bay."  The South Bay is a section of  South Los Angeles County encompassing a cluster of beach cities.


For a long time now I have wanted to create a place where locals and visitors alike can see what is going on and available to them in the South Bay.  Although I have lived most of my life in the area, I realize there is so much to do and see that I was never aware of.  I hear of great events and local fun and often when I share it with others they say they have lived here for so long and they never knew about it!  So, here we are... My hopes are that this site will provide something new to improve the quality of your life in the South Bay.  I do believe this site will be beneficial to both those living the single life and to families.  Please visit the South Bay Mouth often to stay on top of special events, new restaurants/shops, bargains and sales, reviews and opinions, bands and music, a video from an aspiring Chef or even just a photo of a beautiful sunset.


Stay tuned for updates and posts and please leave comments and share us with your friends.  

xo

Erin

Looking for Something?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Farmers Markets in the South Bay


Fruit Market, Radom, Poland 2007


I do not know about you, but I find something therapeutic and lovely about shopping at Farmers Markets.  Whenever I travel to other countries, one of my favorite things to do is to shop at local street markets in search of the freshest foods or the bizarre.  For about a year I also volunteered through the Grain Project to create and run a FM in Santa Ana.  When I am home I equally love the Farmers Markets to get my fresh and often organic produce. Lately I find myself rarely making it to the market anymore because I seem to miss when it is going on.  Well, rather then beat myself up for missing the Torrance Farmers Market I decided I should see when and where other local Farmers Markets take place.  Now I can shop at a Farmers Market almost everyday of the week!  (I am going to organize them by days of the week)

Sunday

Palos Verdes- Rolling Hills Farmers' Market
9am-1pm at the Peninsula Shopping Center
corner of Hawthorne Blvd and Silver Spur Road

Monday
N/A

Tuesday

Torrance
8am - 1pm at Wilson Park
corner of Crenshaw Blvd and Jefferson (between Sepulveda and Carson)

Manhattan Beach
12pm-4pm - 13th Street (between Valley Dr. and Morningside Dr.)

Wednesday

El Segundo Raw Inspirations
10am-2pm
760 S. Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, Ca 90245

Lawndale
2pm-7pm
147th Street and Hawthorne Blvd

Thursday

Redondo Beach
8am-1pm at Veterans Park at the Redondo Beach Pier
(near Torrance Blvd and Catalina Ave)

El Segundo
3pm-7pm at Pine Avenue and Main Street

Friday

San Pedro
9am-2pm in Old Town San Pedro
Mesa and 7th Street

Hermosa Beach
12pm-4pm
Valley Drive between 8th and 10th Streets

Saturday

8am - 1pm at Wilson Park
corner of Crenshaw Blvd and Jefferson (between Sepulveda and Carson)

9am - 1pm at Aviation Blvd and West 135th Street

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo. I knew about the PV & Torrance ones, good to know about the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This makes me happy! Thanks for posting this. I have been going to the Torrance Farmers Market every single tues for almost 2 years now. I love it and i love knowing that im getting fresh local fruits and veggies! My daughter loves coming with me too!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments considerate and as accurate as possible. This is a site for all to gain from and not to be used for slander or defamation. If you feel there is a comment that goes against these values please contact me.