Welcome to THE MOUTH of the South Bay

Hello and welcome to South Bay Mouth.


 Many of you may already know why this is site is called The Mouth, but for those that don't, locals commonly call the South Bay, "Mouth Bay."  The South Bay is a section of  South Los Angeles County encompassing a cluster of beach cities.


For a long time now I have wanted to create a place where locals and visitors alike can see what is going on and available to them in the South Bay.  Although I have lived most of my life in the area, I realize there is so much to do and see that I was never aware of.  I hear of great events and local fun and often when I share it with others they say they have lived here for so long and they never knew about it!  So, here we are... My hopes are that this site will provide something new to improve the quality of your life in the South Bay.  I do believe this site will be beneficial to both those living the single life and to families.  Please visit the South Bay Mouth often to stay on top of special events, new restaurants/shops, bargains and sales, reviews and opinions, bands and music, a video from an aspiring Chef or even just a photo of a beautiful sunset.


Stay tuned for updates and posts and please leave comments and share us with your friends.  

xo

Erin

Looking for Something?

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Beloved TOMS Shoes

Two years ago I bought my first pair of TOMS shoes.  The plain white canvas shoes I bought had great intentions.  I gave them to my brother in October and said "this year, all I want for Christmas is for you to decorate my shoes."  This seemed like an easy task, he is artistic and enjoyed making small pictures and bubbly letters all over his sketch pad and canvases.  Apparently the task was not that easy.  After begging, pleading, and offering to allow my shoes to be my gift for so many different occasions, two years later I got my shoes!

So yes, I cried in excitement and happiness and joy this Christmas as I unwrapped my shoes.  I had seen the work he had been doing over the years because I was so anxious and recently gave him a couple ideas as to something he could add to them.  There they were, with so many things that relate to me and he added my favorite quote from Gandhi "Be the change you with to see in the world."  Last year for Christmas my brother and my friend both gave me a pair of TOMS for Christmas with the Gandhi quote, my girlfriend exchanged mine for a necklace with the same quote that I loved just as much.  I wore those shoes till their dying days as my toes popped through as I galavanted around Botswana this summer.  I wish there was video footage or a photo of my face when I opened my shoes, certainly more emotional than I have ever been over a gift.  Thank you Chris!

So enough about my personal shoes.  The reason I love TOMS sooo much is because, not only were they created by an awesome traveler, but Blake made it so that every pair of TOMS purchased another pair is donated to a child around the globe.  TOMS goes out and does shoe drops with thousands of pairs of shoes in places like South Africa, Argentina and more.  The shoes have developed over the years, when I first bought them they were mostly just for women with a few designs.  Now TOMS has many designs, patterns, shapes, sizes, vegan, boots, sparkles and still the same white canvas like I bought.  People have TOMS parties where the buy all the shoes and everyone comes over and makes their own special pair and just remember at the same time children in another country will be soon surprised with their only pair of shoes.  (If you have not yet linked on a hyperlink above, what are you waiting for!? hehehee)

Some photos of my TOMS


- My Gandhi TOMS, with a photo that TOMS had put in their TOMS blog of my feet in my favorite shoes hanging out at the Self Realization Fellowship in Pacific Palisades, California.  This is a place where some of Gandhi's ashes remain.

And NOW for my new TOMS :)
Front View


Left Shoe




Right Shoe







I know you want your own pair of TOMS and they are available all over the internet.  Once again I recommend going through Shop at Home and then link to TOMS SHOES.   Shop at Home will give you 9% CASH BACK and you will be giving a pair to a child.  If you want to try them on in person, there are many local South Bay retailers.

A little TOMS video about some of their work in Ethiopia.



xo Erin


1 comment:

  1. What a great site. You cover so many interesting things. I will spread the word about ...
    " The Mouth of The South " ...I love it !!
    x
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments considerate and as accurate as possible. This is a site for all to gain from and not to be used for slander or defamation. If you feel there is a comment that goes against these values please contact me.