Welcome to THE MOUTH of the South Bay

Hello and welcome to South Bay Mouth.


 Many of you may already know why this is site is called The Mouth, but for those that don't, locals commonly call the South Bay, "Mouth Bay."  The South Bay is a section of  South Los Angeles County encompassing a cluster of beach cities.


For a long time now I have wanted to create a place where locals and visitors alike can see what is going on and available to them in the South Bay.  Although I have lived most of my life in the area, I realize there is so much to do and see that I was never aware of.  I hear of great events and local fun and often when I share it with others they say they have lived here for so long and they never knew about it!  So, here we are... My hopes are that this site will provide something new to improve the quality of your life in the South Bay.  I do believe this site will be beneficial to both those living the single life and to families.  Please visit the South Bay Mouth often to stay on top of special events, new restaurants/shops, bargains and sales, reviews and opinions, bands and music, a video from an aspiring Chef or even just a photo of a beautiful sunset.


Stay tuned for updates and posts and please leave comments and share us with your friends.  

xo

Erin

Looking for Something?

Monday, December 21, 2009

FOOT MASSAGE - Best Kept Secret

One of my favorite new discoveries in the South Bay is a Foot Massage (that includes a body and scalp massage) ONE HOUR for $20.  If you go during Happy Hour, Monday- Wednesday 11am-3:30pm, then it is $18.  "Foot Ralascology" as the sign reads (not sure what that means, I think it was a major typo) is located in a strip mall at Hawthorne Blvd and 230th Street (just North of Lomita Blvd).
* wow I am using a lot of parentheses * :)
map

I have seen this place listed also as Global United Medical Center however the only thing I have seen or heard of people getting is massages.  My boyfriend is not fond of very deep massages and he describes it as being hit and folded into a pretzel, but then there are the 5 other people I have brought with me that absolutely LOVE it including myself.  I think it really depends on who you get.  I have never seen the women work on women or men work on men, but I highly recommend that you request Danny. Danny seems to have the flow of the massage down well, you can tell because every time I am there I fall asleep.

While fully clothed, you start off soaking your feet in a tub of hot water with a tea bag, while they massage your back, shoulders and neck, a little bit of your arms and your head.  Ten minutes later you move onto a really comfy bed and lay on your back while they give you a short scalp and temple massage then the foot massage begins and they cover you in a towel so you stay warm.  Shortly after this process is when I pass out.  When your feet are all done they rub your legs and arms then they have you lay on your stomach with your head in the hole as they do a quick body massage from head to toe on the backside.  Reminder all of this is fully clothed.  

I can honestly say I now prefer going here and spending $20 + tip (I leave $5-$10 depending on who I get) than going to other local massage places.  This is by no means a spa or a high end place, but the results I find more satisfying while on a budget and needing a massage.

You have to try this place out, please PLEASE please comment and let me know what you think.
*DISCLAIMER - they do massage pretty deep and it may not be for all, so tell them if it is too hard.

Foot Ralascology
22829 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90505
310 373 5218
Open 7 days 11AM - 11PM

Much love, and Happy Foot "Ralascology"
Erin

1 comment:

  1. erin...this is great! i too have discovered the wonders of foot massage. it is amazing how relaxed it can make your entire body! i went to one at del amo mall (somewhere between joann fabric and jcpenney. it was heaven!!! they also do the teabag soak, etc. for the price and time it is definitely more bang for the buck in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments considerate and as accurate as possible. This is a site for all to gain from and not to be used for slander or defamation. If you feel there is a comment that goes against these values please contact me.